Pages

Sunday 17 November 2013

German Market

It's beginning to feel alot like Christmas. 
The shops are humming Christmas melodies, the coca-cola advert has appeared on TV and we're beginning to feel the cold a little bit more. It may only be November, but the feel of Christmas seems to be everywhere.

Last year was a pretty disappointing Christmas, I didn't seem to feel the Christmas spirit at all. So this year I am determined to become Mrs Christmas and sprinkle myself in glitter, whilst singing Christmas carols all night.

So, I began my Christmas voyage at the German Market in Birmingham on the opening day, the 14th November. After a very long bus journey, I wandered through the dark streets looking for my friend (who was fashionably late, as always) and ended up waiting on my own whilst being stared at disturbingly by many. 

The first place we hit was the crepe stand, and as you can imagine, the smell was to die for. I decided not to be too greedy, and just went for the traditional lemon and sugar. However when I next return I may have the kinder chocolate or baileys, I haven't decided yet. After demolishing them, very messily, we wandered up the street observing the delicately presented stalls and bright Christmas lights. There are hundreds of stalls at the market, filled with all sorts of trinkets and delicacies. 

After gazing around for around an hour, we headed back to the frankfurter stand and demolished a hot dog, which I must say was lacking flavour compared to previous years. We only stayed for an hour or so, just to wander round and explore. I can guarantee that I will be going back to go on the giant wheel,  the ice skating rink and the carousal. Oh, and to try some hot chocolate in a cute mug!

I wore my plaid shirt from new look (£17.99) with my black leggings from topshop (£19.99) and my brown scarf from new look to keep me warm!


Thanks! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment