Pages

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Reflection

“I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” 

                                                                             - Marilyn Monroe 

I remember seeing this quote everywhere when I was growing up as a teenager. The whole image of Marilyn Monroe was massively glamorised and her words were pressed upon adolescent girls, who began to idolise her. 

In all honesty I went along with the whole thing, and became quite interested in famous quotes by celebrities, many of whom had passed. This one was one of my favourites when I was younger, even though I didn't fully understand it for what it truly meant. 

The line "people change so that you can learn to let go" has recently hit home, pretty hard. I understood what it meant , but now I feel as if I breathe it. 

As the year begins to draw to an end, I begin to reflect upon the year as a whole, what I've learnt, what I've lost. And I've realised that I have actually seen the back of some close relationships, some that I never thought I would witness. But the quote, "people change so that you can learn to let go" fits in perfectly, it simply could not explain it better. 

Go back to this time last year, I thought my bestest friend was right there in front of me. Now I have no idea where we stand at all. The thing is, we have almost become two different people, it is as if we have nothing in common. At first I was heartbroken, truly destroyed by the hole that was left by this person who meant so much to me. But as time has progressed, I have learnt that perhaps this is the way things are supposed to pan out.

I am being told that I am at a crucial part of my life, truly deciding who I am and what I am going to be. I guess that things are going to change, which involves people changing and leaving rapidly, leaving you behind without a second thought. But the thing is, I am a caring individual who fears loneliness and the absence of others. I feel the need to involve myself to feel some sort of need and want, but things do not seem that way. 

At the end of the things, everything happens for a reason and people do change. Life will continue to run it's path without your word of permission, and there is nothing you can do to stop it. You must let it run. 


1 comment: