Pages

Friday 13 December 2013

Clothes Show 2013

I visited the Clothes Show, in Birmingham, on Monday and I must say, I brought a fair few goodies. 

Last year I won tickets to the Clothes Show courtesy of More! magazine, which sadly no longer exists. I took my friend with me and we have an absolute blast purchasing large amounts of discounted items, whilst tiring ourselves silly. Unfortunately we missed the fashion show in the main hall as we had a concert in Coventry to go see!

So this year I was excited to experience a whole day at the event, and do some serious damage to my bank account. However I only spent a mere sixty pound on a large amount of beauty products, and one clothing item. Considering the event is called the "clothes show", there is little to say about the clothes there, it's mainly about the beauty side. 


   
My first purchase was the ciate advent calender, which has been previously retailed at £42.00. However I purchased it for £10.00, I couldn't leave without it. It includes twenty-four mini nail varnishes which range from caviar pearls cupids arrow to tweed and tails. There are so many colours I could not resist. 



I went to the trusty models own stand where I knew I would definitely be purchasing something! Their goody bag was £10.00 but was worth £65.00, and included three nail varnishes of your choice, the clothes show limited edition nail varnish, nail buffer, four pencil eye liners (I got one silver, two black and one brown), eye shadow, lip balm, a small mirror and eye-shadow brushes. 


  
The nail varnishes are (from left to right) Show Stopper 2, Sun Kissed, Pink Fizz and Absinthe. 

I also picked up a £2.00 goody bag from Cosmopolitan/Company magazine which was filled with little random items such as coffee and loo roll! You also received cosmopolitan and company magazine inside. 



I came across this cute make up company called jelly pong pong which was selling four products for just £5.00. The deal included Caribbean sun bronzer duo, 2-in-1 eye-liner & shadow, wide awake (a palette of skin-enhancing colour tools to brighten & illuminate complexions) and lip blush. 



My final beauty purchase was the Helen E cosmetics goody bag, which was also £10.00. It included a foundation to suit all skin types, a blusher, a blusher brush, lip gloss, eye shadow, lip liner and eye liner. Plus a little make up bag and a £10.00 off voucher for your next purchase. 



Then came the clothes...

The only thing I managed to buy was a tweed blazer, which I searched everywhere for. I managed to find this little beauty for a mere £18.00 from a vintage store called Mad Elizabeth. The blazer was nearly half the price of others I had seen at the show, and it fitted perfectly! 




 Then came the fashion show in the main hall. We had perfect seating at the centre of the stage, just a few rows back, giving us an ideal view of the stage and catwalk. 

The whole show was truly mesmerizing and amazing! The models were charismatic and full of energy, to say the least. There were a range of styles presented, including gowns and swimwear on both male and female models. The theme of the show was a weekend in the country, which included tartan, tweed and the occasional glitz.

The playlist for the show was well thought out, with well known tunes to get everybody moving and create that fun, party atmosphere. I honestly couldn't fault the show one bit, it may have even been the best bit! They even incorporated dance into the performance, including a little bit of zumba!









No comments:

Post a Comment