Pages

Friday 7 March 2014

All good things must come to an end.

DAY SIX: FINAL DAY

Our final day was spent exploring the city of Amsterdam and its hidden treasures. I quickly began to fall in love with the city, it has a beautiful relaxed atmosphere that made me feel welcomed.

Our first stop was the Van Gough museum which I wasn't particularly looking forward too as I have little interest in art. However the tour was surprisingly enjoyable and interesting, and I managed to pick up alot of information about the deceased artist. 

Next, I took an optional visit to the Rijksmuseum, which is the museum of the Netherlands.  It is the Dutch equivalent of the British museum and is filled with thousands of artefacts from all across the world from different time periods. It was really interesting, but I just wish I had a better sense of where I was going as I kept getting lost around the huge maze of the museum. 

After the Rijksmuseum, we had five hours of free time to have lunch and do some shopping in the magnificent city. There are so many sights to see in Amsterdam, many of which are not very significant, but are just beautiful. Amsterdam also holds an array of shops, including a vast amount of vintage shops! 

Unfortunately I did not manage to purchase myself anything as I was too focused on purchasing my family cute souvenirs. However, next time I go back to the city I will be doing a large amount of shopping!

We then headed back to the hostel and had dinner; it was a pretty tame night to say the least but the next day we had a lot of travelling to do! 






So there you have it! My travels are now over and I'm pretty upset to say the least. It was an amazing experience, and I got to do so many things :) 



Thanks!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment