Pages

Monday 3 March 2014

Hallo!

DAY FIVE: Amsterdam! 

With just a few last sights to see in Belgium, the whole group were fuelled with excitement for our next stop, Amsterdam. 

We stopped off to see the Menin gate, Langemark German war cemetery and Tyne Cot, which were all incredibly moving. The sights of war never seize to amaze me; every single time I am overtaken by a sense of guilt and sorrow. 

Then, after these few stops, we headed to the city of Amsterdam! I had no idea what to expect of the city but I had heard many positive comments about the city, and could not wait to experience it. 

When we arrived our first stop was the Anne Frank museum, which I had been waiting to visit since I was about twelve years old. I'd always been inspired and interested in Anne Frank; I remember going to my local library and reading every book I could about her and her diary. Visiting the actual place where she lived was truly amazing and eye-opening, I could not get over what I was experiencing.

After the museum we arrived at the hotel and got prepared for the night ahead, which included dinner and a walk down the famous red light district. Oh yeah, I walked down the red light district...which surprisingly wasn't as bad as I once thought! (That sounds awful I know but...)


  
My next post will be the last one of my travels *cries hysterically*

Thanks xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment