Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2013

my adventure to the isle of Wight...


As some of you may or may not be aware, I recently visited the delightful isle of Wight for five days. The whole island is full of beauty and charisma, I fell in love instantly. 

I stayed in Shanklin, a nice little town on the sea front. My B&B (The Aqua Hotel) was directly on the esplanade which meant I had a beautiful sea view to greet me every morning. 



I even managed to fit in a morning jog along the sea front which I thoroughly enjoyed (despite my aching body) The people in the area were mega friendly which made the whole trip more enjoyable. 

The old town in Shanklin is filled with the cutest cafes and pubs that serve the yummiest grub I have ever seen. The town is rather small, and stretches down one narrow street, but is filled with shops selling a range of things, from sweets to Christmas decorations! 


                            (Dress-New Look Jacket-Matalan Belt-Primark Bag-Primark)

I realise I look rather excited here, but I must admit, the model village in Godshill is rather spectacular. I was apprehensive at first, unsure of what to expect from a model village, but I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Me and my family only spent an hour there, but it was lovely just to stroll around and gaze at the wonders. 




Godshill is precious. Simply precious. The small high street is filled with cute pubs and cafes, with little streets leading to hidden treasures. One place I would definitely recommend checking out is Chocolate Island, pretty close to the model village. It is a shop, basically consisting of wall to wall chocolate. Just...go check it out and you'll understand my excitement! 

Whilst chatting to some locals, we heard about a donkey sanctuary just down the road and decided to pop in for a little look. 



It was the cutest place I had been to in years. The whole place runs on donations and the generosity of others. I think I nearly fell in love with every single donkey there, oops.


                                              (Blazer-Asda Jeans-Topshop)

I also got dragged onto those large water balls, lets just say...it was an experience. I didn't really expect to be successful on them, as I can barely walk without falling over on solid ground. As you can see...I spent a lot of time laughing at myself and lying down!(I have a horrible feeling there is a video of me trying to get into the ball in a gracious manner, and failing)








Osborne house in East Cowes was the holiday home of the past Queen Victoria. She used to spend birthdays and anniversaries in this beautiful house with her family, beloved Prince Albert and children.  
The house is an absolute treasure, waiting to be explored by the public. The house is outstandingly beautiful, I was completely mesmerized by every room and its features. I am a keen historian and adored every single moment at this place, as it is also the place in which Queen Victoria passed away (a bit sinister, I know!) 


  

Osborne house has now also opened Queen Victoria's private beach, which is a 3/4 mile walk away. In the sun, it is the most perfect spot ever to sit down and enjoy a nice ice cream, or just to relax.


 My adventure to isle of Wight was better than I could have ever imagined. It's the perfect place to get away to and enjoy the British culture. Let's just say it was an ideal place for me after the majority of my exams...

I look forward to visiting again.

Have you ever been to the isle of Wight?! 

thanks a bunch, xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment