Pages

Wednesday 21 August 2013

This Is Us Premiere

At 5:40 am I boarded a train from Birmingham International to London Euston. I was surviving on around thirty minutes worth of sleep, but I was fuelled with energy. The reason? you may ask.

I was on my way to One Directions movie premiere in Leicester Square, London. Just days before the premiere it had been said that there were already thousands of fans waiting in Leicester Square. The news made my heart pound. 

Luckily we made it to London by 7 am and was in Leicester square collecting our stickers which declared we were entitled to wristbands, allocating us to a section. I was number 1795 out of around 3,000. 



The atmosphere was absolutely incredible. Some fans were rude and obnoxious, but the majority were pleasant and just enjoying themselves. Me, my friend and my sister were placed in the front pen, near the stage, pen one. Fans who had stickers numbered below 2,000 were allowed to enter and were given a bright green wristband. 




The premiere was scheduled to start at around 5pm, which was when yahoo were starting their livestream online. The wait seemed endless, luckily the weather in London was delightful!



Within the gardens were many tv presenters and cameraman, trying to interview fans and catch the extraordinary atmosphere. There was constant screaming and singing, which got a tiny bit monotonous after a while! In addition, me and my friend got interviewed by an Irish TV show, hopefully I'll be able to find the footage!



At 4pm a DJ was began to blast music throughout Leicester square, encouraging fans to sing and dance, obviously pumping them up and getting them a little crazy. At this point I was overly excited and couldn't wait for it all to start. 

Unfortunately I was no where near to the red carpet, and the boys weren't allowed to enter the gardens to sign autographs, which is what I kind of went down for but oh well! The people near the red carpet were the fans who had camped and were truly dedicated (and a little crazy!)



Then, at around 6pm the boys arrived. Thousands of girls began to hyperventilate as they watched their idols on the massive screens set up. I must admit, I was pretty excited and had a few moments of craziness. 



The boys constantly interacted with the crowd, mainly through the cameras connected to the big screens. When talking to the press they made faces to the cameras which made the crowd go absolutely wild, and they knew it. 

                            a little excited?

There were loads of other stars there including Morgan Spurlock (director), JLS, Mcfly, Simon Cowell, Ronnie Wood and Connor Maynard. The line up came at a huge surprise, especially Simon Cowell!



Eventually the boys made their way to the stage and gave a little speech to the crowd. To my disappointment I heard very little due to the amount of screaming and hysterics. Also, I couldn't see much as a man with a child on his shoulders decided to stand in front of me. But hey ho! I still saw them in the flesh and died a little....(send help)



Once the boys left to make their way to watch the film, the premiere pretty much ended. A video was played of the highlights and then everyone began to make their way out, still screaming and singing. 

                         looking a little worse for wear...

All in all, it was a pretty immense day. I was blown away by the whole thing, and still can't believe I was there at the world premiere. 

Hopefully i'll be watching the film next week, I can't wait!

Did anyone else go down the premiere?!


xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment