Pages

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Work Experience!

Back in summer, I sent off numerous emails to magazines and newspapers, hoping for some response. I was desperate for some sort of work experience to help me stand out in the long run up university. 

After many failed attempts, I finally got something! Bliss magazine, the UKs biggest teen magazine, responded offering me work experience in October. I was ecstatic, even though Bliss magazine were located three hours away from my home. I responded back with an outstanding yes, and arranged some accommodation and travel (aka my dad).

 So now, here I am. Currently sitting in a hotel in Kent, on my tod, after my second successful day at Bliss magazine. So, this is how the whole first few days went...

FIRST DAY:

After spending the night before travelling down with my Dad, I was nervous, tired and scared. The whole build up to the experience hadn't nerved me at all, but as soon as I got into the car with my dad, the nerves kicked in and I was petrified

I woke up full of nerves, hoping they would've disappeared through some sleep. But they didn't. I continued to make myself look acceptable, even though my stomach was doing somersaults. I dressed myself in my crafty little topshop dress I brought in the sale for £10, with my thick black tights and some heeled studded boots. 



              The Tiffany earrings were out and about! 

I arrived at the office, soaking from the rain and scared from the nerves. I walked into reception and was mesmerized by everything. The office was bustling with office workers, desks, computers and brightly printed magazine covers. I stood there, very awkwardly, whilst a member from the Bliss team came to collect me (I sound like a lost puppy). She introduced herself, and welcomed me to office of Bliss workers. I stood there like a scarecrow whilst they all waved and smiled enthusiastically. 

My first task was researching recent teen related stories, one's that readers would enjoy. I raided the newspapers and online web, and produced a word document, which was sent out to the team. 

My next, and final task, involved me working in the fashion cupboard and returning numerous amounts of clothes back to their home. The job may seem boring and monotonous, but I strangely enjoyed it! Plus, I got to discover loads of brands that I had never even heard of!

This task took up most of my shift, and before I knew it, I was being sent home! The first day really settled my nerves, as I realised that the team weren't going to eat me alive and I would be perfectly fine. 

DAY TWO:

For some strange reason, I forgot to take pictures of my outfit today, think I may have overslept? 

Any who, I wore my pink and white, wedge-wood style blouse with a drop back. I wore my leggings and fringed boots with the outfit, as I deeply regretted wearing heeled boots on my first day (poorly feet!)

I spent the first half of the day finishing off the clothing returns and boxing them up for the courier. It got a tad complicated, after a few silly mistakes, but a member of the Bliss team helped me straight away!

After my break, my task was to discover the prices of products which just simply needed prices. This involved emailing companies such as ciate, Mac and lush, with politely worded emails asking them to email me back. As you can imagine, many didn't respond back but on the other hand, there were some that responded promptly with lovely messages! In all honesty, I felt like a right professional (lol).

Then before I knew it, the day was over and everyone was packing up to go home. 

It's only been a two days, with only a couple of tasks, but i'm loving it! I enjoy the atmosphere of the office and the people i'm surrounded with, and I still have three days left! 

I'll keep you posted!

Thanks!

Follow my instagram (tashabonitaa) for more updates etc.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment