Pages

Friday 13 June 2014

One Direction - Etihad Stadium, Manchester

I really hoped I would have plucked up the courage to do a vlog on this but unfortunately I'm not at that stage yet!  So before it gets too late to do this post here it is...

A couple of weeks ago I finally got to see the 1D boys in all their glory at the Etihad Stadium in Manchester. After a year of waiting I was more than excited for the day, even though it was the weekend before three major exams...oops! 

Any-who. At 5:57am I boarded the train from Birmingham to Manchester. Yup. 5:57am. Crazy. My friend, my sister and I had standing tickets in the yellow section of the stadium and wanted to have the best view possible, this meant living on around four hours sleep!

We arrived at the stadium at around 8am and joined the queue of around 70 people. Then we waited for eight hours...

The wait wasn't that bad; we chatted to people around us, ate food and tried to restore our energy. However during the final hours of queuing it was a tad chaotic as people decided to push and panic. Teenage girls + one direction are truly a recipe for disaster!

Eventually we made it into the stadium...after being pushed and shoved and nearly dragged to the floor! I honestly felt like I was in the hunger games, pure carnage!But eventually me and my sister grabbed onto my friend and made it into the yellow section. 

Unfortunately we weren't at the barrier but we were only five rows back...eye contact with Harry was definitely a possibility. Now we waited some more before the support act (5 seconds of summer) came on stage.

Truth is, I am also a massive 5 seconds of summer fan so I was well and truly excited! After a few music videos the 5SOS boys came on stage; I went bloody mental! They preformed an amazing set of songs and got the crowd going ready for the lads. 

A pathetic argument with a sixteen year old and a panic attack later, the 1D boys came on stage! They put on an amazing show, no doubt about that. They were passionate, enthusiastic and fun, to say the least. The show also included amazing graphics, fireworks and confetti; what more could you want?! 

Overall the experience was one never to be forgotten, even if I did feel a tad old surrounded by 14-16 year old girls! I danced and sang to my hearts content and *possibly* made eye contact with all the 1D lads. 









Excited much?

Thanks lovelies!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment