Pages

Thursday 19 June 2014

Throwback Thursday: Swimming with Dolphins

When I was a little lass my summer holidays were mainly spent in the Island of Tenerife, fascinated by the dolphins at Loro park. Every single show they would pick a child from the audience to star in the dolphin show and surprise surprise, they never picked me! (It may have been something to do with the fact that I was a rather chubby child who may have weighed down the little rubber boat)I remember getting really upset every single time I got rejected. I was madly and deeply in love with the sea mammals. 

Then, two years ago, my dreams came true! On a family holiday to the island of Cuba we took a trip to swim with dolphins just a coach trip away. I could not contain my excitement. After sixteen years I was finally going to experience my childhood dream...

We had to take a boat trip over the site; the Bahia de Naranjo Nature park was located in the middle of the ocean, it was incredible! We were one of the first groups to enter the pool with the dolphins; we paid extra to do three tricks which were unreal.

I got the opportunity to get lifted up by the dolphins, waterki with the dolphins and get pulled around the pool by them. All three tricks were absolutely insane; it was truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. 

After the tricks, we had an interaction session with the dolphins; we were split into groups of ten and did loads of little tricks with them.

I was like a small child in a sweet shop. I left the pool completely buzzing (lol) from the experience; I can't even begin to explain how happy I was! 

But then it got even better! We went to watch the dolphin show and guess what? I GOT CHOSEN TO TAKE PART. Even though I had to kinda sorta embarrass myself in front of the entire audience, it was so worth it! I got to go in the water with the dolphins again and have one on one time with the dolphins; it was truly incredible! 






Have you ever swam with dolphins? If so, where?! 

Plus, let me know what your childhood dreams are and if you've ever achieved them! 

Thanks xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment