Pages

Wednesday 26 February 2014

London!

Last night I arrived back from the most tiring but amazing experience of my life, and boy was I glad to be home! I've been away for six days and have travelled from London to Paris to Belgium to Amsterdam and back, it has been truly amazing. 

London:

After departing at 6 am, we arrived in London at around 9 am and headed straight to Parliament for a tour. The local MP for our area gave us a tour of all things parliamentary, which I hadn't got a clue about. It was surprisingly interesting and I managed to observe some amazing sights. 

After a quick tea break on the river Thames we headed to the tube station and got the tube to Camden market. I had always wanted to visit Camden but unfortunately I wasn't given a large amount of time to explore and didn't purchase anything *insert sad face*. However I enjoyed my time there and plan on visiting again very soon. 

We then arrived at our hotel for the night and got ready for our night ahead. A group of eighty completely swamped a pizza hut restaurant as we had our evening meal of a pizza buffet, which of course I took full advantage of. Then we headed to the west end show of The woman in black, which I was very apprehensive about. I'd seen the film and hated it, and also heard that it was even worse on stage, great. 

It scared me, no word of a lie, but it was more the suspense and tension than anything else. I thought the show was absolutely incredible, even though it had me screaming into my coat frequently throughout. But I did buy a lovely tub of strawberries and cream ice cream to calm my nerves!

The first day of the trip was ridiculously tiring but also very enjoyable! Finally, after hours of waiting, I was able to go to bed and get some long awaited sleep, ready for the next day! 







No comments:

Post a Comment