Pages

Saturday 1 February 2014

Smashbox: Studio Skin Foundation

My search for a decent foundation has never been easy. I've tried various brands, mainly high-street, and have never ever found one that works wonders!

So today I ventured into boots planning on just picking up a standard high-street foundation, however I turned brave! I wondered over to the counter section, and browsed the benefit counter. Unfortunately there wasn't an assistant there and I didn't have a clue what to look at!

Then my eyes fell upon the smashbox counter and a super friendly assistant was at my side in an instant. I blabbered some nonsense to her that I didn't even understand about how I couldn't find a foundation. She pointed me in the right direction, and said that she could do a trial of the foundation on my face. I picked the full coverage foundation, studio skin and she picked out the 1.1 shade, which is the lightest. 

She talked me through the process, first removing all my make up and then applying a simple, oil free primer. The primer was amazing and made my skin feel super soft! She then applied the foundation, which suited my skin perfectly, then following with a concealer under my eyes. She then topped it off with the smashbox powder to complete the look, she was an absolute star!

My face felt super light and not cakey in the slightest. The colour suited my skin and blended in perfectly, giving me a natural look, which I've desired for ages!

I left with just the foundation, as I didn't really want to blow my bank account in under an hour, and was given a free sample of the primer. The foundation set me back £27.50, which is a far bit more than the the average high-street foundation. Nevertheless I can't wait to apply it myself and discover all the other smashbox goodies on offer!





So if you're like me and really want to approach the make up counters but are too scared, don't be! I absolutely loved getting a one on one consolation plus it was free of charge, so it's definitely worth giving it a try if you're lost like me! 


Thanks! 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment